Monday, November 30, 2009

The First Day Pt.2


After classes, my friends take me to this place.
I'm not sure what it is.
It reminds me of the big old houses in Greensburg.
No, the huge, old houses in the glorious parts of Pittsburgh.
But there are trees, and it's wood.
A giant treehouse, I think,
suspended above the city below.
We run around like kids again, playing hide and seek
and tag
and collapsing into a happy, comfortable pile outside the west wing balcony door.
Laura is there
and while we run I notice her dad standing in the shadows.
Then we have to go.
It's me, Kate, Blaine, Brant and a bunch of other boys
that I don't know.
I'm not sure why we're leaving, but we're up and running again,
and we jump onto/into vehicles at the base of our tree.
Kate and I are on a pink Vespa.
Suddenly we're driving through the streets of Greensburg
and they say they need to take me somewhere.
They ask me where they should take me.
I'm panicked so I point down a road and direct
toward a brick apartment building.
It was the building where my grandmother lived.
They race away before I can tell them
that my grandmother's dead
and that I have no way of getting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment