Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Post Apocalyptic Letdown


I'm at my mom's house and there are people running everywhere. There all freaking out. Apparently Blaine and Mel went to the basement to engage some unknown force in a game of wits for their lives. I don't know, I'm a little behind on the story. I'm just tired and confused. I have Shelby's cell phone which we found in the Christmas tree. It's broken and has been duct taped back together. I don't know where my phone is. Presumably with Shelby. I'm sitting on the floor, wrapping presents for Mike. He's going to be mad at me for buying him things when it's not a holiday or anything. But I like giving him presents, so he'll deal with it.
He comes to pick me up and we drive to what appears to be an abandoned factory. My car is parked nearby. It doesn't run, but we walk to it anyway and sit in it and talk, all the while watching the building, looming up in front of us. Suddenly, large explosions erupt over the other side of the factory. Mike tells me that those are the explosions from the war that is going on in the country right on the other side of that building and that we need to run for his car so that we can drive away.
We're almost there when I realise I've forgottten his presents in the backseat of my car. I tell him I need to go back and to wait for me. He tells me to hurry. I grab everything I need, but when I turn around to flash a triumphant smile, he's driving away. I chase the car for three or four blocks, panicking, but he doesn't stop. I give up running and scream at the top of my lungs in a last ditch attempt to get him to come back for me. The car screeches into a u-turn, speeds back in my direction and stops right next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment